Does your supply chain team have enough time to detect, asses, and execute actionable items? Supply chain planners need an increased capacity for shorter response times. But how can you do that? For starters, you may want to incorporate IoT devices within your optimization process. By doing so, you’ll equip supply chain planners with the data they need to make reliable recommendations. This gives them the capability to effectively address opportunities and disruptions in the industry. Slow response times hinder your ability to fulfill orders and deliver on customer expectations. Do your supply chain planners have the tools they need to take advantage of new growth opportunities?
Deploying IoT Supply Chain for Visibility
Are your supply chain planners looking for asset tracking capability and transparency? Look no further than deploying IoT devices within your real-time smart factory! Data from your IoT brings visibility to your assets. They become especially visible as they move between “upstream and downstream partners to deliver value to the market”. These IoT devices are deployed across international borders in multiple time zones. They provide data to improve visibility both in transit and warehousing. It is important to integrate data from IoT devices into your supply chain planning process.
Tracking and Visibility
IoT devices allow you to track assets in transit and empower supply chain visibility through a few different parameters:
- Temperature sensors deployed in refrigerated shipping containers provide visibility into the freshness of perishables.
- Temperature measurement through A.I. is deployed to make real-time climate adjustments.
- GPS sensors log location data and show how long a product has been in transit or sitting static on a shelf. Use this data to visualize transit times and schedule stock rotation.
- Data from IoT sensors in your smart factory can log inventory levels to your blockchain ledger. A.I. makes recommendations based on this data feedback to adjust production cycles within your closed-loop manufacturing process.
Integrating IoT Machine Learning for Planning
There is an increasing need for shorter response times in the supply chain. These shorter response times drive the secondary need for shorter data collection intervals. The implementation of IoT enables shorter feedback cycles. Data is collected from IoT sensors more frequently as products move from different stages of manufacturing through to final delivery. The data is fed through machine learning algorithms to provide valuable insight into component lead times and production schedules.
Asset tracking takes place throughout the entire supply chain. It starts from the source of production and moves to multiple points in transportation and warehousing. Tracking assets from end-to-end provide visibility and traceability between the point of origin and the end user. They leverage a host of sensors which range from GPS sensors to autonomous mobile RFID readers. They even leverage robots equipped with computer vision to increase visibility in the supply chain. Maintain manufacturing efficiency by using machine learning to interpret the vast amount of data coming from your IoT.
Machine learning can be used to plan predictive maintenance of manufacturing equipment and inventory procurement on your factory floor:
- Quality control data from multiple points in your manufacturing line can be analyzed to find faulty manufacturing equipment. Machine learning will anticipate the mean time between failures and schedule preemptive maintenance orders.
- Planners can use machine learning to shorten inventory replenishment cycles and decrease overhead costs held up in asset investments. IoT data increases visibility for lead times on procurement orders and production efficiency within your factory.
Fellow Inc. integrates big data collected from your IoT to improve visibility within your supply chain. We are uniquely positioned to apply our tailored suite of tools to assist your supply chain optimization. Use our customized A.I. to remotely monitor your supply chain. Deploy our autonomous moving robots to provide detailed insight into your asset investments on the factory floor. We have the expertise for generating data insights and consistent data collection from your Industry 4.0 technology and IOT devices.